Pet Diet and Nutrition
Questions to Ask Food Manufactures
1. Do you have a veterinary nutritionist or some equivalent on staff in your company? Are they available for consultation/questions?
2. Who formulates your diets, and what are their credentials?
3. Which of your client(s) are tested using AAFCO feeding trials, and which by nutrient analysis?
4. What specific quality control measures do you use to ensure the consistency and quality of your product line?
5. Where are your diets produced and manufactured? Can this plant be visited?
6. Will you provide a complete product nutrient analysis of your best-selling dog and cat food, including digestibility values?
7. What is the caloric value per can or cup of your diets?
8. What kinds of research on your products has been conducted, and are the results published in peer-reviewed journals?